How old are you?____
Are you an employed leader of an institutional church? yes or no
Are you a member of an institutional church? yes or no
In your opinion…
Why are millennials leaving the institutional church? (check all that apply)
- It isn’t relevant/it is boring.
- They are finding God elsewhere.
- They have witnessed inauthenticity in Christian leaders.
- They have witnessed or received hate from churches and/or church members.
- They do not feel like what the church is offering is good news.
- They don’t believe in God.
- They are apathetic about religion.
- They lose their faith when they go to college.
Where are millennials finding God (if they are finding God)? ____________________
Are current church programs/teachings relevant to millennials’ lifestyles?
Do millennials care about having inter-generational relationships?
Do millennials care about traditions and sacraments?
Do millennials maintain a high view of scripture?
Do millennials prefer technology & production (ie Bible apps, concert-style worship services, etc.)?
Would a millennial small group rather meet in a living room or a room in the church that is designed to look like a living room? And why?
- living room in a house/ Why?__________________________________________
- “living room” in a church/ Why?_________________________________________
Is it hard to mobilize/reach millennials? If so, why do you think this is?
- Yes, because__________________________
- No, because___________________________
Do millennial’s have morals?
Why are millennial’s waiting longer to get married and/or find careers? How are churches trying to reach this new demographic of people who don’t fit into “young professional” and/or “married young adults” groups? Are these attempts effective? _________________________________
If you are a millennial, what questions do you have for the church at large?
If you are a church leader, what questions do you have for millennials?